"she has QC levels of experience, intelligence and expertise."Chambers and Partners 2018
Nichola has 25 years’ experience specialising in the field of matrimonial finance.
She is “a premier junior in the matrimonial finance world and is highlighted in particular for her expertise with cases involving hidden or offshore assets” and is considered “one of the most able junior barristers around. She is able to grasp facts quickly, she prepares thoroughly and in a timely manner and she has the most persuasive of ways with the judges. They respect and appreciate the way in which matters are prepared and presented by her.” (Chambers & Partners, 2016).
The Legal 500 says of her: “She has an excellent manner with clients and is an excellent advocate.”
Trusts of Land and Appointment of Trustees Act 1996.
Reported cases of interest include:
- CG v IF (MFPA 1984 Part III: Lugano Convention)  EWHC 1062
- L v L (Financial Remedies: Deferred Clean Break)  EWHC 2207
- Lawrence v Gallagher  EWCA Civ 394
- T v M (Appeal against strike out of Application to vary)  EWHC 1585 (Fam)
- Author of Blackstone’s Guide to the Civil Partnership Act 2004
- Author of Rayden & Jackson, Divorce & Family Matters:
- Chapter 4 (Civil Partnerships)
- Chapter 20 (Resolving Claims to Property)
Family Law Bar Association
University College, Oxford (Law)
Legal 500: Ranked in Tier 1