“Helps clients make difficult decisions and makes them feel reassured in doing so.” His advocacy is smooth and to the point”. “He absorbs facts swiftly and adopts an analytical approach”.Chambers and Partners 2022
Ben is a specialist financial remedies practitioner. He has a particular expertise / interest in cases involving nuptial agreements, a topic on which he has advised and lectured widely. Ben regularly appears in his own right in cases heard up to High Court level and is regularly led by silks in matters concerning complex legal issues and / or high net worth individuals.
Ben’s cases often involve issues of jurisdiction; substantial assets; assets held offshore or in complex trust structures; allegations of serious non-disclosure and / or complex valuation evidence.
Ben has been described by legal directories as a “recognised practitioner viewed as a rising star at the Matrimonial Finance Bar” and as a “brilliant, meticulous junior who writes excellent, detailed notes. He is fast-thinking, very accessible, friendly and helpful”. Ben has been identified as “absolutely excellent and way beyond his years in terms of ability” and able to “pick…up the issues quickly…his communications are clear. He is responsive, concise and thoughtful” (Chambers And Partners 2021).
Prior to commencing pupillage, Ben worked as a County Court advocate. He appeared in over 300 hearings of a civil nature, including small claims trials; insolvency and enforcement proceedings and landlord and tenant disputes.
Financial remedy proceedings.
FRB v DCA (No.2)  EWHC 754 (Fam).
Nuptial Agreements: The Search for Intention. Click here to view.
Ben co-authored the chapter on 'injunctions in aid of financial proceedings' in the 19th Edition of Rayden & Jackson on Divorce and Family Matters. He remains part of the team responsible for updating the text on a quarterly basis.
Ben also contributes to Practical Matrimonial Precedents.
- Lincoln's Inn
- Lord Denning Society
- MA (Cantab)
- Christ’s College, University of Cambridge (BA Hons Law)
- Bar Professional Training Course, UWE (Outstanding)
- Levitt Scholarship (Award for Pupillage Year) (2014 – 2015)
- ADR Group Accredited Civil & Commercial Mediator (2013)
- The Western Circuit Prize (Highest Overall Mark for Advocacy on the BPTC [FT] 2013)
- Buchanan Prize (Awarded by Lincoln’s Inn for obtaining an Outstanding Grade on the BPTC)
- The Guildhall Chambers Civil Advocacy Shield 2013 (1st Place – Guildhall Advocacy Competition)
- Lord Denning Scholarship (2012 Major BPTC Award) – Lincoln’s Inn
- “A brilliant, meticulous junior who writes excellent, detailed notes. He is fast-thinking, very accessible, friendly and helpful”. “He is absolutely excellent and way beyond his years in terms of ability”. “Picks up the issues quickly and his communications are clear. He is responsive, concise and thoughtful” (Chambers and Partners 2021).
- “Up-and-coming practitioner viewed as a rising star in the matrimonial finance Bar. His experience encompasses FDR disputes and TOLATA proceedings, as well as matters which have appeared before the High Court”. “He covers all the bases and gives very clear advice that helps the client make sensible decisions”. “A fine choice if you’re looking for detailed preparation and commitment”. “Ben’s wisdom and intelligence belie his years”. (Chambers & Partners 2020).