"A fantastic barrister who can really see the whole picture when it comes to a case."Chambers and Partners 2019
Geoffrey specializes in financial remedy cases, including those involving pre nuptial agreements, offshore trusts and complex business structures. He has appeared in many recent leading cases on special contribution (Cooper-Hohn), non-matrimonial assets (K v L and Jones v Jones) and pre nuptial agreements (Radmacher)
He also acts as a mediator and sits as a private FDR tribunal/early neutral evaluator.
Financial remedy applications.
- Cooper-Hohn v Hohn  EWHC 4122, the highest litigated award case ($1.5bn)
- Vince v Wyatt  EWCA Civ
- K v L  EWCA Civ 550 and Jones v Jones  EWCA Civ 41, the leading authorities on pre-marital/non-matrimonial assets
- Radmacher v Granatino  UKSC 42, the leading authority on pre-nuptial agreements
- Jesus College, Oxford (Law). First Class. Exhibition.
- Trinity Hall, Cambridge, MPhil in Criminology
- Major Scholar and Pegasus Scholar, Inner Temple
- Ranked in Chambers and Partners (Band 1) and the Legal 500
- 2019 ; ‘Outstandingly good at settlement negotiations and on his feet in court.’
- 2018: "He's a very sensible, calm and measured barrister. He gets good results for his clients and is easy to negotiate with. If there is a settlement to be found, he will find it."
- 2016: “He really is amazing. His attention to detail is fantastic and every client is instantly put at ease by his charm. He’s not your stereotypical barrister: he’s very down to earth. From day one clients love him to bits and he won’t litigate for the sake of it.
- 2015: “persuasive advocate.. calm and articulate”
- 2014 “destined for the top” and as having “excellent judgment”. “His remarkable technical ability and fearless approach to litigation make him a real quality barrister”.
- He was nominated for family law junior of the year by Chambers and Partners.
- As a private FDR tribunal he was described by one solicitor as “an excellent early neutral evaluator. He made both parties feel at ease and came up with a creative solution that addressed their respective concerns and which ultimately enabled them to reach a settlement.”
Married with two children. Lives in North London.
Taught in the National University of Rwanda, Butare, Rwanda in 2010 and 2011