Since joining chambers in 2020 upon the completion of her pupillage, Henrietta has been developing a broad practice and accepts instructions in all areas of private family law. In addition to representing clients in court, she is frequently instructed to undertake advisory and drafting work.
From April to July 2021, Henrietta was the Judicial Assistant to Mr Justice Mostyn in the Family Division of the High Court. During her secondment, Henrietta worked on a wide spectrum of cases covering all aspects of family law. In particular, she assisted with two important financial remedy cases: A v A (Arbitration: Guidance)  EWHC 1889 (Fam), which set out procedural guidance on how to go about challenging an arbitral award, and E v L  EWFC 60, which was concerned with the application of the equal sharing principle in a short, childless marriage.
In addition to her practice as a barrister, Henrietta enjoys writing about family law and is an author of Financial Remedies Practice, described as 'the go-to reference book when considering any practical issues arising from the FPR 2010' by the Law Society Gazette. From April 2020 to April 2021 she wrote weekly case summaries for Class Legal, and she has also had articles published by Family Law Week, LexisPSL and Estates Gazette.
Before joining chambers, Henrietta was a paralegal at a leading specialist family law solicitors’ firm in London. She worked on both finance and children cases, many of which involved an international element.
- Financial remedies (including financial provision for children under Schedule 1 of the Children Act 1989)’.
- Cohabitation disputes under TOLATA 1996
- Private law children
- Applications under the Family Law Act 1996
Horohoe v Horohoe  EWFC 102
Henrietta is a co-author of Financial Remedies Practice 2021-22 (Class Legal), with Mr Justice Mostyn, Lewis Marks QC, Gavin Smith and Joshua Viney.
She has had over 50 articles and case summaries published by Class Legal, Family Law Week, LexisPSL and Estates Gazette, and for a year wrote weekly case summaries for Class Legal’s newsletter (a selection of which can be found here: https://classlegal.com/news/henriettas-most-popular-articles).
- Lincoln’s Inn
- Family Law Bar Association
City, University of London - GDL and BPTC
University of Cambridge (Queens’ College) - BA Classics
Scholarships and awards
- Debating Shield (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Magna Carta Mooting Shield (Inner Temple)
- King of Bhutan Mooting Cup (Inner Temple)
- Winner, University of Cambridge/XXIV Old Buildings Commercial Equity Speed Moot
- Lord Denning Scholarship for the BPTC (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Lord Bowen Scholarship for the GDL (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Postgraduate Scholarships for the GDL and BPTC (City Law School)
- Buchanan Prize for performance in the Bar exams (Lincoln’s Inn)
- Top in the year (awarded full marks) for the Opinion Writing Bar exam (City Law School)
- First Prize, Property Bar Association Essay Competition
- Foundation Scholarship for First Class performance in the Classical Tripos (Queens’ College, Cambridge)
- Henry Arthur Thomas Book Prize for performance in the Classical Tripos (Faculty of Classics, Cambridge)
At university, Henrietta was president of the Cambridge University Wine Society. She was also captain of the Cambridge team for the Varsity blind wine tasting match against Oxford, and competed internationally at wine tasting competitions across Europe. She maintains a keen interest in wine.
Henrietta is an enthusiastic cyclist, and enjoys following professional road cycling.