After leaving Oxford, Kate spent 2 years as an investment banker in Chicago and London before deciding to qualify as a barrister.
Kate’s particular area of expertise is complex, high value financial cases, often with international, corporate and/or trust elements. She also undertakes private law children disputes, in particular applications for permission to remove children permanently from the jurisdiction.
She has appeared regularly in the Cayman Islands, including the Cayman Islands Court of Appeal.
She took silk in 2011.
High Net Worth Financial Remedies, Private Children Disputes.
- Prest v Prest & Ors  EWCA Civ 325
- GS v L  EWCA 1759 & 2116
- Grey v Grey  EWCA Civ 1424
- S v S  EWHC 519 (Fam)
- T v T (Financial Relief: Pensions)  1 FLR 1072
- Baker v Baker (No. 2)(CA)  1 FLR 148
- Re K (Abduction: Child’s Objections)  1 FLR 997
- Re B (Minors) (Wardship: Power to Detain) (CA)  2 FCR 1142
- Re D (Minors) (Conciliation: Privilege) (CA)  1 FLR 932
The Law Quarterly Review (Jan 2011): The Future of Stack v Dowden
Co-authored with Prof Simon Gardner, Lincoln College, University of Oxford
- Epsom College, Surrey
- Princeton Day School, Princeton, New Jersey, USA
- University of Oxford (Lincoln College) – MA Jurisprudence
- Certified Diploma in Accountancy
She comes from a background of investment banking and specialises in matrimonial finance matters. Peers respect her as a talented and rounded barrister with a good client manner and a depth of technical understanding.
Strengths: "Has an ability to control a courtroom. Judges love her. Because of her honesty and integrity they know that whatever she says is accurate and honest. Her paperwork is second to none. She spends a lot of time preparing for a case and she can tell you where each document is in the bundle." Chambers & Partners (2016)
When not working, Kate enjoys spending time with her husband and 3 children on Dartmoor and in Switzerland. She is also particularly interested in contemporary art, especially Spanish artists of the 20th century and the American glass artist, Dale Chihuly.