Roxane’s practice comprises all areas of private family law. She has a particular expertise in cross-border divorce and financial remedy proceedings, and regularly appears in cases involving issues of jurisdiction, recognition and enforcement.
Roxane is admitted to practice at the Geneva Bar in Switzerland. She is an associate member at a leading matrimonial law firm in Geneva. She advises clients on Swiss divorce law, nuptial agreements, interim measures and arrangements regarding children. She is also regularly instructed to provide expert evidence on English family law in Swiss divorce proceedings.
Roxane is a regular contributor to various legal websites and journals. She frequently lectures on family law, whether as part of large conferences, or smaller presentations to individual law firms.
Before joining Chambers, Roxane worked at several Swiss law firms in Zürich and Geneva. She also worked as a judicial intern at the U.S. Bankruptcy Court for the Eastern District of New York and as a Pro-Bono volunteer on the Bankruptcy Assistance Project of NYC Legal Services.
Roxane is fluent in French and German. She has a good command of Spanish and a basic understanding of Italian.
- September 2020 - Resolution, The Review, Issue 207, “Cross-border Q&As on International Nuptial Agreements.”
- March 2020 – FLBA Family Law Affairs Magazine, “International Update”
- March 2020 – Family Law Week, “Recognition of financial remedy orders in Switzerland”
- January 2020 – Schulthess, IusNet Newsletter, « Les « Financial Remedy Orders » anglais et leur exécution en Suisse sous l’angle de la Convention de Lugano : de la collaboration internationale absolument indispensable : Réflexions à propos de l’arrêt TF 5A_104/2019 du 13 décembre 2019. », Anne Reiser & Roxane Reiser.
- December 2019 – FLBA Family Affairs Magazine, “Divorce in Switzerland”.
- March 2019 – International Business Law Journal, “Expert witnesses in international arbitration/ Les experts dans l’arbitrage international”, Laurent Hirsh, Rupert Reece & Roxane Reiser.
- Inner Temple
- Ordre des Avocats de Genève
- Association des Juristes Franco-Britanniques
- St. Catherine’s College, University of Oxford, BA Jurisprudence, Law and German Law – First Class (2011-2015)
- David Blank Scholarship – awarded by St. Catherine’s College for outstanding performance in first-year examinations and continued performance towards a Frist Class degree (2012-2015)
- University of Konstanz, Germany, German Law (2013-2014)
- New York University School of Law, L.L.M (2015-2016)
- BPTC (2016-2017)
Roxane is Swiss and French. She grew up in Geneva and moved to England in 2011. Roxane enjoys skiing, hiking and dharma yoga. She sometimes enjoys golf depending on her scorecard.